Entry Visa and Alien Residence Certificate (ARC)

  • Our Letter of Admission does not guarantee you will obtain an entry visa to Taiwan.
  • You need to apply for a “Resident Visa” or “Visitor Visa” in your own country for entering Taiwan. When you apply for your visa, remember to have all required documents ready, and leave sufficient time (at least one month) for processing.
  • For more information on visa applications, you may access the websites listed below, or scan the QR code above. Students who hold Visitor Visas (also known as Tourist Visas) must apply for a Resident Visa before applying for an Alien Resident Certificate (ARC).
  • Bureau of Consular Affairs, Ministry of Foreign Affairs:    https://www.boca.gov.tw/mp-2.html
  • National Immigration Agency: https://www.immigration.gov.tw/5475/
  • Students who hold Resident Visas must apply for an ARC within 30 days after arriving in Taiwan.
  • ARC Application